Mom and I went jewelry making. We (together) made 4 earrings, 1 bracelet and 1 necklace.
How they look:
1. Paper earrings
So yes, I named them. My “equation”, does it make ANY sense? I hope it does.
This is how we made them
1. We took a magazine and found a page with a color that we liked. As you can see, we found a beautiful dark blue. Then we cut them into triangles rolled them on a stick and glued the last part (the thinnest) down onto the bead.
2. I first chose the color. They had a whole bag, blue, green, pink, purple, orange…I chose, as you can see pink, purple and blue. Then we took the wire and bent to into a hook. We put the bead on it and closed the hook in the stud of the earring and voilà!
3. Mom took a square piece (truly it was part of a coconut shell). There were two holes, if you hold it diagonally it was on top and bottom. She put the wire through the hole and started wrapping the wire around. She did it on both sides and she was done.
4. I did the same only mine, was round and smooth. Another difference was I had to make the wire go through the middle because there were no holes on top and bottom. The rest was the same.
5. Paper beads
How did Mom make this? Easy! I could make that faster than I can push dad underwater.
5. Same concept as the paper bead earrings. That is the beading part. The rest, you take little beads and put it in any pattern you wish. Easy right?
6. Square necklace
We had a blast. The person with us was super kind and not afraid to make a mistake or ask a question. If there was trouble wrapping (there was) and she did not know how to fix it, she would simply try and try again but including us so if one figured it out we could help each other.